Entertainment. Connectivity. Safety. Dual makes these accessible both at home and on-the go. Our next-generation electronics are available at more retail and online locations, offer reasonable pricing, and provide reliable customer service. Dual breaks down barriers to the latest technology giving us back the freedom to reclaim our time and space.
123 Years of Sound Innovation
For over 100 years the Dual brand has represented audio quality and innovation. From European beginnings crafting turntables to powering over 50 million North American customers’ soundtracks, Dual continues to prove that sound travels.
Dual Through the Years
- 2017 – Dual releases their first multimedia receiver with Apple CarPlay.
- 2008 – Helping to increase customer safety and convenience Dual delivers in-car solutions with Bluetooth technology.
- 2003 – Dual starts a new chapter in North America entering the car and marine audio markets with a product lineup featuring receivers, speakers, and amps.
- 1995 – The new Dual logo launches.
- 1985 – Dual enters the high-end audio market with the CD-40 CD player.
- 1974 – Dual’s first cassette player, the C-901, comes to market.
- 1949 – At the first official Electronic Tradeshow in Berlin, DUAL unveils the legendary Dual 1000 model turntable.
- 1937 – Dual wins a prize at the World’s Fair in Paris for their turntable.
- 1927 – “Gerbruder Steidinger” is renamed to ‘Dual’ after the company invention, the Dual motor. These motors were sold in the U.S. under the name ‘Dollar Motor’ and were a huge success.
- 1908 – The first Dual spring wound motor is presented at the Leipzig, Germany fair.
- 1900 – Christian Steidinger started the “Gerbruder Steidinger” company while manufacturing parts for clockwork motions in St. Georgen, Germany.